Sunday, February 6, 2011

Toastmaster Speech 2 - Acceptance

Here is my second Toastmaster Speech about Acceptance. I could not record it as I had to use my IPAD to do the speech, Murphy's Law always strikes at the right time, the projector did not work even after it seemed to work before the club started.

Besides some technical points the speech was well received, I need to work more on the transitions between points for the next one. I was happy that I was able to create a talk which invoked an emotional response! The Toastmaster said, "One thing you never know is what you end up getting in the Toastmaster club, I did not expect a great Ozzie accent!"

Acceptance is a Core quality, the last story (in the closing slide), was about the cracked jar taken from Paul Coelho blog here, which created beautiful flowers and food, which others enjoyed very much despite its limitations. This is the same with our current circumstances and limitations which we can't change, are there for a reason, for true self spiritual growth for us, and those around us, to benefit the entire planet...

Picture by familymwr under Creative Commons
When I was younger, I could not understand why God would sit by and let so much suffering take place without doing anything. Being a bit more older now, it is quite clear to me why that suffering exists (Karma), and how we can transcend it (Eightfold path of Yoga).

I feel the whole idea of this journey of is re-discovery of oneself, emerging from the darkness of the Body into the light of the Spirit.  If we were just light or Spirit, we would not know we were the light. God realizes his awesomeness through this Self Discovery.  Acceptance is central to this mindset...

Make molehills out of Mountains through Acceptance, show gratitude for all the blessings that have been given to you, even what is not given to you is a blessing in disguise...

Regards

Kirpal


Creative Commons License
This work by Kirpal Chauhan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kirpal,

    Real nice post. I loved this, especially the story.

    Thanks,
    Nilendu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nilendu, glad you liked it...See you in DC soon :)

    ReplyDelete