Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Drink Coffee With Gandhi

I am reading Robin Sharma's book at the moment "The Greatness Guide", I really like this book and his style of writing really resonates with me.  I admire Robin Sharma, his book "The monk who sold his ferrari" was the book which got me started on writing, he is sort of a role model for me.

On his chapter "Drink Coffee With Gandhi", where Robin is reading a book by Gandhi "My Experiments with Truth", he says:

"Reading a book by someone you respect allows some of their brilliance to rub off on you". 

I totally digg this statement, I would go further rubbing shoulders with the people you admire, gets into their minds and understand how they think, and increases your own understanding of the subject.

A human being is a respository of knowledge.

Jim Collins author of good to great also says always work out "Who" first before you work out the "What", if you admire certain people or what they are doing, chances are you like their habits or their role subconciously, and you should really be "hanging out" with them.  Try taking them out for coffee, helping them out, taking to them, bouncing ideas of  them, asking them to mentor you.

I know no more of a powerful way than to learn than to associate with or read about the people that  you want to be like.

Peace,

Kirpal

No comments:

Post a Comment