Sunday, May 1, 2011

ZenManager - Transparency, your ally at work... .. .

Protected
Picture "Protected" kindly provided by h.koppdelaney under CC

If there is anything I have learnt at work in the last 12 years of leadership related roles, it is the value of transparency.


There has been many times which I have been tempted not to be transparent, that is usually a signal for me to consider using the direct opposite instead to counteract the fear.  I took the following from my one of my posts:

Why invent things in your mind because of fear?
When the truth can be your best teacher and ally...

I use transparency to escalate issues, to share risk, and as a general communication tool to my customers to set expectations, to establish rapport, its application is endless, of course common sense and compassion is required to determine when transparency would be harmful, or the situation is too heated.

Read more here on the Zenmanager Blogspot... .. .

Peace,

Kirpal

No comments:

Post a Comment