Friday, June 24, 2011

The Song of the Reed

Zen Gold
Picture "Zen Gold" kindly provided by h.koppdelaney under CC
An adaptation of my favorite poem's follow below by Sufi mystic Rumi follows below.  I modified it a bit to suit my interpretation.

Oh friend listen to the song of the reed
Singing with pangs of separation ever since it was torn away
From its loving bed
Now it suffers from distant memories and lost love

The secret of my song though near
These inner melodies, no-one can, see no one can hear 

Find the one who can
Let that person share with you the secret of my song
Of mingling that person's soul with mine

The inner flame of love that fuels my being
This inner wine of love that gives me life
Would you dare learn how lovers bleed, and bare open your naked soul
Listen, listen to the song of the reed!

Peace

Kirpal


No comments:

Post a Comment