Friday, December 3, 2010

Was I relaxed Dad?

"Was I relaxed Dad?" my son asked 10 minutes after getting off the Expedition Everest terrifying roller coaster experience: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/animal-kingdom/attractions/expedition-everest/

Before the roller coaster I was working through with him an exercise, "squeeze your hand tight like this, this is tense, now let go, and hold gently, this is relaxed, when you want to be less scared, relax, he practiced...". I myself only got through control my fears this year, after practicing relaxation through some of my tough yoga poses.

I recall a passage in a book where a 100 year old Qi-Gong master was asked is Qi-Gong was the secret to his long and happy life, he answered "No not directly, Qi-Gong, helps me relax, and remain contented, that is my secret"

I answered to my son "Yes son you were relaxed you little Dare Devil". Not bad I said to myself, for someone who is 6 years old, and was terrified of thunderstorms about 6 months ago, if he can do it surely most people can.


Creative Commons License
This work by Kirpal Chauhan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License

No comments:

Post a Comment